Bumpy Hesitant acceleration w/ check engine light on and mystery poof noise..
h***@gmail.com
2013-01-25 03:56:54 UTC
Hello Everyone.

I have a 1998 Lexus GS 300 w/ 191,000.

I don't know how to exactly describe the problem but here goes.

Check engine light is one w/ p1071 code - too lean condition.

The car idles fine. No stalling. No issues.

The car revs fine w/o issue in park.

When I accelerate, I can accelerate normally as long as I go SLOW.

If I give a lot of gas the car revs for a few seconds, you can hear a POOF sound come from the engine and then it eventually accelerates fast like it's supposed to.

I just changed out spark plugs and changed Valve cover gaskets but this problem existed before that. When I change the spark plugs out, I found them drowned in motor oil. When looking into the holes from where the spark plugs go, a lot of "crud" can be seen.

Anyone have a suggestion or can explain the POOF Sound ??

Much appreciated !
h***@gmail.com
2013-01-25 18:40:29 UTC
I also did replace the MAF sensor but issue still exists...
Zotto
2013-02-01 11:52:26 UTC
May be there is some air passing trought aspiration circuit, with a hole
opening under pressure.