need battery suggestions (for 2000 Lexus ES300) - please help
Adam
2011-08-17 23:31:46 UTC
Auto: 2000 Lexus ES300
Battery: Interstate MTP-24F (January 2008)

My Lexus is starting abnormally (it cranks).
What's a good replacement battery?
larry moe 'n curly
2011-08-19 04:53:56 UTC
Post by Adam
Auto: 2000 Lexus ES300
Battery: Interstate MTP-24F (January 2008)
My Lexus is starting abnormally (it cranks).
What's a good replacement battery?
Are you sure it's your battery? 3-4 years is the average age when
batteries konk out for good, but you'd better check your charging
system because a bad one can ruin a new battery in a few weeks.

Interstate is made by Johnson Controls, which also produces Sears
Diehard (most but not the Platinums -- Deka/East Penn makes those),
Motorcraft, Costco Kirkland, Walmart Everstart/Maxx, AutoZone
Duralast, Eveready, Advance Auto, and I think Bosch. I don't think
Consumer Reports has found any of these JC brands to be better than
others, and each year they test batteries, they get different
results. I believe all of these are low maintenance, not maintenance-
free, except for Eveready. Low maintenance can be better if you
forget to turn off the lights overnight because maintenance-free can
be ruined for good if you do that just 1-2 times.
Adam
2011-08-19 17:21:52 UTC
Post by larry moe 'n curly
Post by Adam
[...]
Thanks, I will look into the batteries mentioned.
It's time to replace the battery anyways. So, will try that first.
Will look further if that doesn't make things better.
Hachiroku
2011-08-19 18:53:05 UTC
Post by Adam
Post by larry moe 'n curly
Post by Adam
[...]
I go with Exide, aince they make Toyota's OEM batteries, and I have gotten
over 7 years out of three Toyota batteries.