ES 330 Fuel Requirements
Rich
2004-04-14 03:53:16 UTC
Hello,
I am considering an ES 330. Just one question, what grade of fuel is
adequate in this model? The Lexus web-site says regular unleaded, and the
dealer says 91 octane. Anyone had any experience trying different grades?
Thanks for your help.
Rich.
Bob Muse
2004-04-14 12:37:55 UTC
Ours will run ok on 87, but even my wife says it doesn't drive as
well on 87. I gave up and put the good stuff in now. I should try a
tank to see if the 89 is ok.
Rich.
Dan J. S.
2004-04-14 14:24:45 UTC
Post by Rich
Hello,
I am considering an ES 330. Just one question, what grade of fuel is
adequate in this model? The Lexus web-site says regular unleaded, and the
dealer says 91 octane. Anyone had any experience trying different grades?
Thanks for your help.
Rich.
The manual actually says to use 87. That's actually the selling point on
this. Most vehicles the ES330 competes with (Cadillac CTS, etc) require 91.
I have been using 87 and it works great!
Chip Palmer
Rich
Rich.
Steve Larson
2004-04-17 16:59:24 UTC
Just wondering why anyone who owns a new Lexus would be concerned about a
couple of bucks difference in a tank fillup. I read one response on that
point and was dumbfounded. If saving a couple of bucks per tankful is a
real perk, then those people should buy a Toyota instead and not worry so
much about the fuel cost.
Rich.
w***@cox.net
2004-04-17 17:16:58 UTC
Post by Steve Larson
Just wondering why anyone who owns a new Lexus would be concerned about a
couple of bucks difference in a tank fillup. I read one response on that
point and was dumbfounded. If saving a couple of bucks per tankful is a
real perk, then those people should buy a Toyota instead and not worry so
much about the fuel cost.
I own a Harley and you'd be amazed at how many people bitch and moan
about spending about $10 more for synthetic oil. Dude, you just spent
$20k on a bike and you're complaining about spending $10 more on oil?

I had a friend that owned a Ferrari and he did nothing but complain
about how much he had to pay in high octane fuel and the lousy mileage
it got.

Well...DUH...if you have to be concerned about how much a car like
that costs to maintain, you can't afford one.

amazing...

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email
j***@haha.com
2004-04-19 16:03:33 UTC
In article <MA2fc.32302$***@attbi_s54>, ***@comcast.net
says...
Post by Rich
Hello,
I am considering an ES 330. Just one question, what grade of fuel is
adequate in this model? The Lexus web-site says regular unleaded, and the
dealer says 91 octane. Anyone had any experience trying different grades?
Thanks for your help.
Rich.
It's a Lexus, not a Kia. If price of gas is a consideration, get a
Camry.

By the way, I just bought a 2004 ES 330. My decision was based on built
quality, mechanical reliability, and prestige.
The Duke
2004-04-19 21:07:07 UTC
Have you noticed any hesitation in the transmission on the 2004 ES 330 yet ?

Would love to get one but am concerned by the numerous complaints by other
ES 330 owners. Would love to know if they fixed it for 2004.

The Duke
Steve Larson
Stephen Keown
2004-04-23 01:23:52 UTC
Due to the high prices, I have been running for months with 87 octane.
Seems to run fine, I think a little sluggish when punching, but with this
wierd transmission, you get built in delay anyway.
Rich.
Harry Gerapetritis
Rich.
Ed.Cain
2018-03-18 02:18:02 UTC
replying to Harry Gerapetritis, Ed.Cain wrote:
Just Bought A Used BC 04 Es330 & Every OthervTop Off of Fuel Gets 93 Oct.& 87
Oct.the Other Top off & My Combined Mileage Is Almost As Good as Hwy.Mileage &
Power is Just as Good As Strait. 93

for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/lexus/es-330-fuel-requirements-13391-.htm
05’es330
2022-01-07 05:01:07 UTC
Post by Stephen Keown
anyway.
so u just rotate between octane?
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/lexus/es-330-fuel-requirements-13391-.htm
Colton
2023-06-13 06:32:46 UTC
Hello, 2 month owner here. I ran it on regular gas for the first month no problems. Ever since I’ve been using 91, I can say it’s more responsive with power and the throttle and even when accelerating the engine sounds much better with 91 in it. I just bite the bullet for the better gas. More friction there for the engine shall last longer. That’s why you’ll see diesel engines with many more miles than a gas engine that’s because diesel is more lubricant like 91 octane vs 87.
--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/lexus/es-330-fuel-requirements-13391-.htm